When you search Google for product ideas, you’ll definitely get overwhelmed with all the articles out there.
So instead of writing another post about what should you sell online, I decide to curate the best content available online.
What products should I sell on the Internet?
That’s one question I get a lot from academy members.
Here’s a list of websites I share in this post in case you don’t have time to read everything:
- Trending business ideas by Shopify
- 10 Trending Products to Sell in 2018
- The Best Online Opportunities by Bigcommerce
- 35 Product Ideas from eCommerce Pros at FitSmallBusiness
- 30 eCommerce Business Ideas by Oberlo
- Products You Can Make Yourself by ABetterLemonadeStand
- Shopify’s What to Sell Guide
Let’s go through each one to help you answer the following questions
- What type of products you can sell online
- What trending products to sell this year
- Where to find best selling products online
Let’s get started.
1. What type of products can you sell online?
If you’re looking for some quick inspiration for eCommerce business ideas, read this article.
You will get the following ideas on what to sell online:
- Sell enamel pins
- Sell yoga products
- Sell bath bombs
- Sell coffee
- Sell cellphone cases
- Sell bluetooth speakers
- Sell bracelets
- Sell LED sneakers
- Sell lip balm
- Sell cosmetics
- Sell jewelry
- Sell watches
- Sell beach towels & toys
- Sell candles
- Sell purses & handbags
- Sell tea
- Sell headphones
- Sell fitness trackers
- Sell mens fashion
- Sell kids fashion
- Sell t-shirts
- Sell kitchen supplies
Here’s a quick list of those ideas:
- Niche fashion communities build fast and sell well.
- Online digital health services are on the rise.
- Sell Industrial b2b products for high margins with little competition.
- Identify super niche products (think gluten-free).
- Planners have a massive following.
- Target tech savvy retirees (who shop online).
- Appeal to people’s ideologies.
- The education industry is getting big investor bucks.
- Do things Amazon can’t.
- Find confusing products (and provide useful instructions).
- Passion is the most important part!
- Remove the middlemen to win big.
- Deep knowledge has the most power.
- Solve your own problem.
- Use KickStarter for research.
- Sell something cool.
2. What trending products to sell this year?
Another way for you to get ideas on what to sell online is to follow latest trends.
I discovered this great article on Shopify’s Blog called “10 Trending Products for 2018“. You may consider testing some of those products this year.
- Phone accessories
- Maternity dresses
- Flame lamps
- Minimilist watches
- Portable LED Projectors
- Night masks
- Makeup brush cleaners
See examples for each of those ideas by reading the complete article.
3. Where to find the best selling products online?
Now that you have some ideas on what to sell, you can actually get some additional insights on what’s currently selling across multiple websites on the Internet.
I recommend you do this as well since it will provide you valuable information on what’s actually working.
Check out these 5 websites. Most of them are marketplaces where sellers around the world are selling their items.
- Amazon Bestselling Products
- eBay Trending Products
- Amazon Mover and Shakers
- Etsy Trending Products
- Aliexpress Bestselling Products
Now that you have an idea of what to sell online, I recommend you read the following guides. They will help you validate & research your opportunity.
#1 Shopify Product Guide
This is one of my favourite guides to find a product to sell online.
You will learn about:
- The 8 Product Opportunity Types
- Where to Look for Product Ideas
- Trending Product Ideas
- Selecting a Product & Niche
- Evaluating Your Product & Niche
- Evaluating Market Demand
- Evaluating Potential Competition
- Validating Your Product & Niche
- Make, Manufacture, Wholesale or Dropship
- Locating a Supplier
#2 A Better Lemonade Stand Product Guide
31 eCommerce Products You Can Make Yourself by Richard Lazazzera of A Better Lemonade Stand.
- Bath & Body
#3 More Website to Find Trends
If you need more inspiration, I recommend you visit these websites: